[Sca-cooks] cooks at estrella?

SCAbeathog at cs.com SCAbeathog at cs.com
Sun Jan 25 11:11:19 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/14/2004 12:43:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dailleurs at liripipe.com writes:

> hey all from Anne-Marie
>
> happy happy joy joy!
> I get to go to Estrella!!!
>
> who among this esteemed cobble of cooks will be there?
> will there be any sort of meet and greet, as was at Pennsic one year?

I will be at Estrella, and also would like to meet others of this list.

We easily drove 3000 miles to Pennsic last year, but were unable to maneuver
the hill to attend the potluck, as my lord husband was not entirely recovered
from his recent knee surgery.  Sadly, I was unable to meet any of you from the
list :(  I did speak to two gentle ladies at the A&S in the barn (someone
with mustards and someone with candied peels, both very gracious and dedicated to
their art), but my name means nothing to you as I rarely post to this list.
I was saddened not to meet Olwen; she might have remembered me as the one who
sent her the avocado honey.

At Estrella, our household will be camping near the Barony of Lyondemere
period encampment, in Caid.  We are recognizable as we have painted Celtic
knotwork dogs at our gate and a number of painted panels in our perimeter.  We also
fly several silk banners and our household red embattled flag with a yellow paw
print.  Please feel welcome to drop in and introduce yourself, any of you,
from this list!  Most of our household members are performers of some kind and,
most nights, have a bardic circle, of some sort, at our fire. If you want to
set a time to meet (in our camp or anywhere), that would be fine, too.

I will not be attending Pennsic this year but, hopefully, the following year,
as two of our youngest household members turn 21.  We can't think of a better
place for that party!  Maybe I will meet some of you then.

Beathog nic Dhonnchaidh
Guidwife, Cliar Cu Buidhe