[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Lunar New Year food photos...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sun Jan 25 16:56:07 PST 2004

Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
>Worked just fine for me! (dang, but I'd love to have the opportunity
>to eat your cooking!)
>What's with the parrot in the first picture, though? <g>

That was the chicken we used for the drunken chicken... "He tasked
me, Joaquin. He tasked me, and I swore I would have him!" [Ricardo
Montalban voice and accent off/]. He won't be shredding the Rolodex
cards any more, I can tell you... okay, so Countess Brekke saw him
alive and well the following day, but one of these days, Stosh, one
of these days... Pow, right in the beak! And yes, he's just taken a
bath in that photo, so is at his scrawny, grouchy-old-lovebird best.
He's normally rather attractive, and labors under the distinct
impression, one of which I have been unable to disabuse him, that he
is cute. Obviously, simmering him with ginger, scallion and ng ga pei
liqueur is the way to go...

>--maire, in amazingly snowy artemisia, who will be stuck having
>nasty, old taco casserole leftovers for dinner....*sigh*

I'm not quite at the point where I dream of a good bowl of chili, but
give me maybe another 48 hours... the eye is beginning to twitch
involuntarily at the sight of white rice... I will say, though, that
the striped bass held up surprisingly well after being reheated
_twice_; we finally finished them tonight.

Adamantius