ABOUT the POTLUCK- was Re: [Sca-cooks] SCA-Cooks pot luck at Pennsic

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jan 25 18:44:09 PST 2004

OK, guys!!!!

If we want to have the Potluck in SPCA Camp again, I see no problem. We
will, as we've offered before, go collect people, if you ask us to...

BUT the last couple of years no one has asked us!!!

We also have quite adequate facilities to help you with your donations, so
PLEASE ASK!!!!

I think this year, I'm going to have a couple places for you to contact us.
The Message Board is a joke- it's just too crowded. I can't get messages
over email from August the 5th (this year) on, because I'm already gone to
Pennsic- I'm our camp Land Agent, and I make sure I'm there on Friday for
our early Saturday AM Land Grab. I may be able to get messages from later
arrivals, but this can be chancy.

I suspect it might be best if I set things up from two places- possibly
three.

If Cariadoc is willing, possibly leaving a message at the enchanted Ground
might work. Same, if Devra is willing. I can always get messages left on the
message board at Chirurgeon's Point- I usually work the Noon to 4 PM shift
there, and last Pennsic saw Cariadoc, passing on his way to teach, every
day.

I will NOT be at Chirurgeon's Point the day of the Woods Battle, except very
early, and very late, the day of the Potluck, and if they have it again, one
of the days of the Blood Drive- other than that, I am consistantly at
Chirurgeon's Point from Noon to 4 PM.

Those of you who have physical difficulties- both of my Lords get around
Pennsic in power chairs- I DO understand, and I'll accomodate however you
need accomodation. Tjhis last year, Coopers made sure we had Handicapped
portacastles in our block. I took the trouble to thank them for it, and I
have every reason to believe they'll be there again this year.

IF YOU WANT TO COME TO THE POTLUCK, LET US KNOW!!!! No matter WHAT your
difficulty (other than you're simply not at Pennsic ;-) we _WILL_ arrange to
get you there, make sure your contribution is warm or cold at need, and get
you back to your camp.

And, while, I'm at it, SPCA is interested in having other cooks join us. We
have a couple of spots open, and we'd like to fill them with members of the
SCA Cooks List. We're interested in both people who can manage to pay their
own way, and those less fortunate, who would like to work off their Pennsic
fees as scullions- we want 3 or 4 scullions, total, so no one is stuck in
camp with all the work. If you're interested, contact either me or Margali.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.