[Sca-cooks] Shepherd's Pie

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Jan 27 06:58:35 PST 2004

[snip]

> ##############################################
>
> How do you folks make Shepherd's Piue? While I've used diced leftover roast
> for it, everybody I know has always made it with tomato sauce and
> vegetables. The only purely meat and potato meal I'm familiar with from Ohio
> is the beef/pork/chicken/turkey open faced sandwiches, with lots of mashed
> potatoes and gravy.
>
> Other than special things like red eye os sausage gravy, gravy in our family
> was only an accompaniment with the dinner's meat, rather than an ingredient
> in a later casserole.
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoDoLDS

Now? I don't. Mom used to make something that she called "hamburger pie",
which was more-or-less meatloaf in a layer on the bottom, tomato sauce,
and green beans on top of that (sometimes mixed vegetables, but mostly
green beens), and mashed potatoes on top of that. But I don't think I've
ever made anything called Shepherd's Pie.

Margaret, being the odd one out