[Sca-cooks] Shepherd's Pie

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:44:05 PST 2004

>How do you folks make Shepherd's Piue? While I've used diced leftover roast
>for it, everybody I know has always made it with tomato sauce and
>vegetables. The only purely meat and potato meal I'm familiar with from
>Ohio
>is the beef/pork/chicken/turkey open faced sandwiches, with lots of mashed
>potatoes and gravy.

I've always made it with whatever meat is left in the fridge and whatever
veggies I can scrounge up. I heat it all up in a pan, add some stock
(homemade from leftover bones.), thicken, put in a pie tin, sometimes with,
sometimes without a crust and add mashed taters. Bake til done.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Safia bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Viola Hirrar
Bryn Gwlad, Ansteorra (Austin, TX)
mog_bane at hotmail.com