[Sca-cooks] Haggis

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 22:30:32 PST 2004

AEllin gave a link to an article about a Scottish firm joining with an
American firm to produce canned haggis in the US:
> In Chicago?
> http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=4167319
Unfortunately, this might set back haggis in the US more than it helps.
In the haggis-msg file in the Florilegium, the opinions expressed about
canned haggis seem to be almost universally bad. I've had the freshly
made stuff but not the canned stuff, so I can't say whether I agree
with the opinions or not.
haggis-msg        (94K) 10/25/01    Scottish haggis recipes. comments
on haggis.

And despite what the article says, I think lungs were forbidden in US
markets long before the "mad cow" concerns.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com