[Sca-cooks] Chicken and mushroon receipe

jah at twcny.rr.com jah at twcny.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 07:02:07 PDT 2004

Hello,
A few months go I asked on this list if anyone had
a good receipe for mushrooms.  I found a great
one and thought I would share:

Chicken soup with stuffed morels
Russian

Prepare a bouillon from a 3 lb chicken. Before cooking the chicken, remove the filet from the breast to make forcemeat. Chop and pound the filet and add ½ spoon butter, a little salt, nutmeg, 1/8 wineglass of Rhine wine, 1 egg, and enough flour to thicken the mixture slightly.  Wash 18 to 24 large morels thoroughly, cut off the stems and, where possible, stuff the morels with the forcemeat. Boil the morels in strong bouillon in a separate saucepan.  Strain the bouillon, which may be thickened with butter and flour.  Bring and add ½ glass of cream with 2 egg yolks.  Heat until very hot, stirring, and then strain into a soup tureen.  Add the stuffed morels.

Ingredients:

1 large chicken                                                    1/8 wineglass Rhine wine
1 lb or more beef bones (not adding)       1 egg
1/2 carrot					             2 spoons flour
1/2 celery root					        1 spoon butter
1/2 parsley root					       18  - 24 morels
dill and parsley				        1/2 glass cream
1 spoon butter					        2 egg yolks
nutmeg

It went over very well. I made it for 50 people
and tehre was none left!

Enjoy!

Jules/Catalina