[Sca-cooks] new Guter Speise book - commercial

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Jul 9 15:34:31 PDT 2004

        I just received 5 copies of the new Jacob Blume edition of 'Das Buch
von Guter Speise.'  It is hardcover, 220pp, illus with a small number of b/w
period illos, and 6-8 color ones.   The recipes seem to be redacted into
contemporary German measurements and instructions, but since I don't read German, I
can't tell whether he's also including the originals or not. 17p glossary, 61
p discussion with headings like Der Hunger und der Uberfluss and Was fur
Zeiten?
     Costs $39.95.
            Devra the linguistically challenged

Devra Langsam