[Sca-cooks] MK Cook's Symposium 2004 Website now available

Gaylin Walli iasmin at comcast.net
Sun Jul 11 10:01:38 PDT 2004

Greetings, all!

Although it's not completely filled with information, the website for
the 2004 Cook's Symposium is now up and running. You'll start to see
updates as we get more volunteers for teaching (and many thanks to
those of you who already have!). Point your browsers at:

https://home.comcast.net/~iasmin/2004cooks/

for all information about the event. We should have the link from the
Midrealm Calendar up and running soon as well.

Some things to be updated on the website very soon:

-- Guest speakers! This year we'll have two guest speakers from the
professional cooking community, one chef and one personal chef. We're
finalizing the biographies and searching for some photos, but we're
incredibly excited to offer you these people as a source of knowledge
that our hobby can be so much more than just a hobby!

-- Charity and community involvement! Dame Hauviette is completing the
information we need to be more a part of the community than ever
before. This year's charity will be Loaves and Fishes, a community food
bank in nearby Kalamazoo, Michigan. We're hoping to collect food for
this worthy charity and we'll keep you updated on exactly what we're
asking for.

-- Directions! Getting there is incredibly easy with the local highways
being so close by and several major airports near. Mistress Siobhan is
putting together some comprehensive directions for people driving to
the event. And because we've had so many inquiries from people hoping
to travel from out-of-kingdom, we're working on getting the most
up-to-date information from the local airports as well (car rental,
flight information, etc.).

I'll try to keep people in the loop when website changes occur so you
can be as up-to-date as we will be on this exciting event.

Iasmin

Mistress Iasmin de Cordoba, Baroness Roaring Wastes
Class Coordinator and Webspinner, 2004 Cook's Symposium
iasmin at comcast.net