[Sca-cooks] SCA in an obit on NPR

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 21 05:51:15 PDT 2004

Did anyone else hear the piece on the SCA member that was killed in Iraq on
NPR this morning?  I was in the bathroom and kept hearing 'Society for
Creative Anachronism....Iraq....' and finally caught the last of it.  I know
it will be available on-line after 10AM, and it sounded generally positive
about us and him, so it will be worth a listen.
I believe this is the fellow that was killed a couple of weeks ago, I
remember seeing the announcement that came across the lists. He was from
Austin, TX, Brian was his modern name.
They said he was cremated with a bottle of Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce :)
Christianna