[Sca-cooks] Blatantly OOP and OT - I apologize in advance

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Jul 26 17:34:06 PDT 2004

(Sorry for this waste of bandwith if you feel this message is inapropriate)

I'm just about to begin my doctoral degree in Montreal; field is musicology,
topic is hard rock music (more specifically, voice-leading and harmonic
patterns in hard rock music).

I need preliminary survey data and because this lists contains people with
so many different backgrounds on it I thought I'd ask you two very simple
questions. Please do not reply on the list. I don't want to begin a useless
thread:

1) According to you, what are the 10 most influential hard rock songs from
1970 until now? (Only individual songs - not albums, nor bands) (if you
don't know hard rock really well, or can't come up with 10 songs, list
whatever you feel appropriate)

2) what is your musical background (private lessons, college or university
level, played in a band, singing in your shower, whatever :-))

If you feel comfortable adding your age group and approximate geographic
location (state/province and country) you may do so, but this is completely
optional. As I said, I'm only gathering preliminary data.

Thanks to all! You may now resume your normal programming!

Petru