[Sca-cooks] What have I been up to?

Avraham haRofeh avrahamharofeh at herald.sca.org
Tue Jul 27 05:28:59 PDT 2004

Greetings, my friends! I've been off the SCA-Cooks list for several months -
for a while, I found the signal-to-noise ratio made it too much work to keep
up with the list. However, I have decided to come back.

A variety of interesting things have happened in my personal life while I've
been off-list. I've been seeing someone steadily since January; his name is
Jonathan, he's a Rennie but not yet a SCAdian, though I hope to amend that
quickly once the Fall event season begins. In March and April, my employer
in Virginia and I decided that we would part ways; I was most unhappy with
the way they were organizing my practice. I have found a wonderful
opportunity in Central New Jersey, which will move me back closer to home
(NYC), and allow me to run things my way - I found a hospital in such need
of doctors that they are offering forgivable loans to doctors who want to
move to the community! I have secured an office space and an apartment, and
will be moving to New Jersey in mid-August. I'm still waiting for Trenton to
issue my license to practice medicine in NJ, but will start seeing patients
as soon as they do. I have decided, being the technoweenie I am, that I will
be operating a fully paperless office, and expect to sign the contract for
computers and software this week.

My new location puts me in the Barony of Carillion in the Eastrealm, which
will be about 90 minutes from Manhattan, and 2 hours or so from Mom & Dad
(much better than the 6 hours I currently suffer). Anyone here in Carillion?

Reb Avraham haRofeh
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
Quarterly azure and argent, four mascles counterchanged
Random Tag: (A)bort, (R)etry, (P)ray for miracle?