[Sca-cooks] chopping vs. shredding vs. ground meat

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 22:21:22 PDT 2004

Kiri commented:
> One of my apprentices did this for a feast about a year or so ago...and
> instead of using ground meat, she cooked the whole pork roasts, then
> shredded the pork. It was INCREDIBLE!! You could do the same thing with
> beef, I believe. It completely changes the texture...and all for the
> better. This would also go with the original, where it says "smyte"
> which could be "cut into small pieces"...which would fit what they did.
Interesting. We have had a few discussions on here before about how
ground meat differs from chopped meat. It's nice to see some supporting
documentation. I do think that shredded pork is likely to differ from
chopped pork though, just as it differs from ground pork.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com