[Sca-cooks] An Invitation, Etc.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 1 21:36:39 PDT 2004

Alys Katharine  commented:
> Therefore, to celebrate the combination of all these
> "momentous" events, I am holding a vigil-celebration ("vigilation") at
> Pennsic,
Neat.
> on the middle Saturday (the 14th) in AS tents 13 and 14 from
> 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Does this make the visitors, "vigilantes"? :-)

*Two* class tents? Wow, this will be a big affair. And considering how
much you have done for the A&S classes at Pennsic, I think having it
there is totally appropriate.
> There will be snack-y things and non-alcoholic
> beverages.
> You are all invited to come and chat, sign the guest book, and
> celebrate
> with me as I contemplate additional years of service to the Society and
> the Middle Kingdom.
I've often thought that if some king were to make me a Pelican (hey, a
Laurel or a Knight is even more unlikely! :-) ) and I couldn't have the
ceremony done at Pennsic, I'd want to do something like this at Pennsic
simply because only part of what I do with the Florilegium is for my
kingdom and I'd want to celebrate it with more of the folks I do it
for. Of course recreating some of a period knighting ceremony would be
neat, too.

Then again, I might simply say "Okay. Let's do the ceremony next
event". Before the king changes his mind. :-)

Hmmm. Anyone know if anyone has been offered a Peerage, but had the
offer withdrawn before it actually happened?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com