[Sca-cooks] On the subject of cheeses, how about Turkish?

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Jul 2 11:46:08 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> But this brings me back to the question: what other cheeses should I be
looking for at my Turkish deli? What recipes can I use them in?

> Any input is appreciated!
>
> Gianotta

Sounds to me like you've got yourself a wonderful opportunity there ;-) It
has long been my experience, that when you have a merchant of any sort, but
most particularly a food merchant, who provides the sort of variety that
you're describing, you've got someone who truly loves the product they so
carefully provide. If you can, find out who that person is in the store, and
talk to them. Tell them how much you enjoyed the ones you tried, and that
you're looking for more interesting flavors- what do they suggest? And, how
do they suggest you eat and serve it? Most people are very flattered that
someone has an interest in something they care about, and are more than
happy to help you learn what they know. Not only will you then be educated,
and often treated to new cheeses as they arrive, but you may very well have
made yourself a new friend.

At least, that's what I've discovered, in my meanderings around ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.