[Sca-cooks] edible plants at Pennsic

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jul 4 11:44:32 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Noble Cousin!
>
> Greetings from Solveig!
>
> >And it's not very tasty- if you decide to try it, for heaven's sake
either
> >flavor it, or make a strong decoction and chug it, pinching your nose
> >closed.
>
> If you can not abide the flavour, then why are you drinking the stuff?
> Does it have special medicinal properties that you seek?
> --
>
> Your Humble Servant
> Solveig Throndardottir
> Amateur Scholar

Well, if you'd read the thread, you'd realize that we were discussing the
bark of willow, which contains the precursor to aspirin. And, if you wanted
to try willow bark as an experiment for a headache, it tastes pretty nasty
so people should be aware of that.

And please, next time you respond to something on the List a week or three
after the discussion has ended, consider including enough of the thread that
we know what you're talking about. Random apparent non-sequiturs are very
hard to respond to.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.