[Sca-cooks] jellied milk

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 06:21:59 PDT 2004

I have seen the period recipe for this but cannot recall where but for some
reason am thinking the Good Huswifes Jewel (someone please correct me!).  We
do use this recipe quite often, very often as a palette cleanser between
courses.  Sometimes it is found on the dessert table.  It does also travel
quite well and we often have a plate of it on the hospitality table at the
Baronial pavillion.  It sets up stiff enough that you can make it, cut it
into cubes and toss into a ziplock and into the cooler.  Any ones that get
broken still aren't lost, if you know what I mean.  We colour (mostly to
tell flavors apart) and flavor it with mint, rose or orange water, vanilla,
cinnamon and other flavors.  It holds up fairly well in the heat but will
eventually succumb.  It can either, as previously stated, be made in a
cakepan and cut into squares or diamond shapes, cut with a cookie cutter or
made in simple molds.
Olwen