[Sca-cooks] OOP -- Vegan chocolate truffles

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Jul 6 09:40:24 PDT 2004

Also sprach Olwen the Odd:
>One question.  You age scotch is sherry??  I'm not a scotch drinker
>(ick) but I do use (and like) sherry a lot in cooking.  I simply
>cannot understand how this would make scotch any better though.  How
>do you do it?  Measure out the amount of scotch you need and put in
>a like amount of sherry?  Or would you use more sherry?  Or did you
>mean something else altogether?

I believe MacAllan (among others) ages some of their higher-end
whiskeys in used sherry casks, which gives it a distinctive flavor.
Not aggressively like sherry, just different from the stuff they age
in plain oak barrels, say.

I prefer my MacAllan in a glass, thank you, with seltzer on the side.

Adamantius