[Sca-cooks] Scotch tasting

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 07:45:48 PDT 2004

According to what I've seen, there are a couple of problems here...first
is the cost. Good single-malt Scotch is quite expensive. I know that
Knockandoo (??sp) can run over $100/fifth. Another is taste. There is a
wide range of types of Scotch...and they all seem to have different
flavors, just as wines do. I am not a Scotch drinker, but have been told
that what some think is superb is dishwater to others. So I suspect your
best bet is to find out what type they prefer. Failing all else, there
is a wonderful Scotch liqueur called Glayva. I don't care for Scotch,
but really enjoy this stuff. I first encountered it at a Scottish dinner
in Edinburgh where it was served as an accompaniement to the ceremonial
haggis. Great stuff!! However, it can be hard to find.

Kiri