[Sca-cooks] Scotch tasting

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Jul 7 11:21:13 PDT 2004

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>Anahita  wrote:
>
>A while back, a long while back (about 30 years ago), i was dating a
>very nice young man, and occasionally we'd go out for drinks. I'd
>often order a shot of whiskey (this was before i know about single
>malts, so i often had Crown Royal, since i don't like scotch) and
>he'd order a pastel-colored mixed drink. Invariably the bartender
>would put the shot in front of him and the "girlie" drink in front
>of me. I would, of course, point out the error. I'm not one who will
>quietly accept behavior based on stereotype.
>
>I can totally see you doing this, but not that long ago unless that
>chick-drink fellow was a real child molester.  <smile>
>
>Selene C. [for Chick-Drink, I do admit to a sweet tooth]

Now you've done it. I'll spend the next several days replaying in my
head the Kids In The Hall routine with David Foley as "The Girl-Drink
Drunk"...

"Can you spare $12 for a Long Island Iced Tea?"

Adamantius, devotee of Peter Heering Cherry Liqueur and Pim's No. 1
in the distant past, now a member of the Church of Laphroaig