[Sca-cooks] Scotch vs. Irish whiskey

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Jul 8 07:09:47 PDT 2004

--On Thursday, July 08, 2004 12:36 AM -0500 Stefan li Rous
<StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

>> cailte
>> who loves scotch but not irish whiskey.... go figger
> Huh? Okay, how do they differ in taste? Or is this a political statement?

well, there is a political statement, me being pathologically early irish
and all... ;)

but i think the irish is a bit more sour to my taste, and more peaty... the
scotch can be sweeter or even bitter, but still more enjoyable to me.

but then, i would rather have potato chips than cookies...

cailte
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions