[Sca-cooks] Re: Iron Chef Milk cheese

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 12 09:21:29 PDT 2004

Stefan li Rous wrote:

>> > ...it must be only me but -- has anyone ever tried making a dessert
>> > type cheese from the Pennsic chocolate milk??  Some things just make
>> > you go HUH!?!
>> > Olwen
>>
>> Sure, how difficult could that be?  Simmer 3 cups of the milk with a
>> tablespoon of powdered agar-agar, bring to a boil, then pour into a
>> shallow pan and allow it to cool.  Let me know how it was.
>>
>> Selene C. [for Chocolate]
>
> Does this make a cheese or a chocolate jello? It sounds a lot more
> like the latter than the former.
>
> Stefan
> --------

I was going for more of a jel, but then again, in earlier times [before
the Jell-O company] any firmed sweet was called a "cheese."  Lemon
Cheese, etc.  I'm not sure how well a acidulated curd process would work
on the much-vaunted Pennsic Chocolate Milk;  if anyone performs the
supreme sacrifice next month, please do let us know the results.

Staying home yet again, sigh,
Selene C.