[Sca-cooks] Seville orange substitutions

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 14 06:54:19 PDT 2004

> Well, you have to understand...I live in the "boonies"...not so far from Washington, D. C., and we do actually have a gourmet grocery store down the road a piece.  But the fanciest oranges they've carried are blood oranges, which we are now occasionally seeing in regular grocery stores (Safeway, Giant).  In fact, I've just now been able to find quinces...of course they want $1.99 per each, which is somewhat scarey.  Not sure what the problem is, but we just don't see them often, if at all.

Hm... look for a grocery store serving the Hispanic population. The
PriceRite by me had the oranges for a while; now they have the juice in
bottles...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I mean I'm sittin here on the Group W bench 'cause you want to know if
I'm moral enough join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages
after bein' a litterbug." -- Arlo Guthrie