[Sca-cooks] Re: sweet oranges

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 19 19:59:03 PDT 2004

AFAIK, you can't tell, although it might be possible for a botanist to make
some kind of determination if there are also accurate illustrations of leaf
and flower.

IIRC, this site has a good references, but they are all modern texts.  Since
the authors of the site appear to be depending on others to do thier basic
research, it may be that they are confusing fact and speculation.  In
general, the work looks good, but I do want to chase some of the information
back to primary sources.

Some other questions I have are: where is this mausoleum, when was it built,
what is its history, and how can we be certain that the drawing of the
orange is comtemporary to the construction?

Bear