[Sca-cooks] Re: Storing Bacon??

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 11:40:20 PDT 2004

There is a local meat market nearby that runs 2 for 1 specials a few times a year.  Bacon is one of the things I always stock up on, as it can be easily frozen, and suffers little over time.  Our Shire will benefit from that this weekend, as I am responsible for the Breakfast at Thorngill's July Feast this year.  I am not attempting to cook a "period" breakfast, just a simple, filling, familiar meal.  Menu will be Biscuits, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Honey, Tomato Gravy, and fresh Chilton County peaches.  I bought both the bacon and sausage at the 2-for-1 sale yesterday.

I was delighted to meet Mistress Christianna at RUM on Saturday.  I am intensly interested in the proposed Medieval Culinary degree that should be available in the near future.  Thank you, Mistress Christianna.

Sincerely,
Mordonna (Houston, the Eagle has landed! 35 years?  Impossible!)

Pat Griffin
Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
www.mordonnasplace.com