[Sca-cooks] Fettiplace editions

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 17:44:15 PDT 2004

--- Margaret Rendell <m_rendell at optusnet.com.au>
wrote:
> Nancy Kiel wrote:
>
> >According to  the book's notes, Lady
> Fettiplace bequeathed the book to her niece in
> 1647.  The receipts are not broken down by
> handwriting; the only type of dating indicated
> by the editors is additions made by Lady F
> being shown in italics.
> >
> so, not as useful as it could be, but probably
> still worth getting...and
> it's clued me to Stuart Press as a resource
> too!
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Margaret/Emma

It would be interesting if someone would or
could compare the two editions.  It is my
understanding that the cookbook had been
handed down through several generations of
family and that later generations had added to
said book and that at least one quarter of the
recipes had been added to the cookbook by later
generations.  Are these additions also in the
Stuart Press edition?

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.