[Sca-cooks] an interesting semi-disaster

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jul 26 06:22:59 PDT 2004

> So... has anyone else ever accidentally made sekanjabin candy? Does anyone
> have ideas for getting it *out* of the bottle?

Well, I've made lemon-ginger-syrup candy once. (I was on the phone with
Juliana van Altenfeld. :) ) Anyway, the easiest way to handle this is to
pour HOT water into the bottle, let it sit, and pour out the resulting
drink, then refrigerate (the drink). :) Repeat until you no longer have
candy in the bottle, or the remaining sugar solution is loose enough to
pour.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Oh, don't blame yourself, Mrs. Ogg. I'm sure others will do that for
you--" Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_