[Sca-cooks] OOP: Another passing

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 26 19:53:44 PDT 2004

On 7/26/04 3:03 PM, "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> No info on the WCBS 880 AM (the New York City affiliate and "mother
> ship") website, and the promotional cookbook they published for her
> (88 Recipes From Myra Waldo) is, naturally undated.

Poot.  I take it you have a copy.  What is in it?  Probably nothing really
radically unique, stuff from her extent books.  But I'm still a geeky
collector and am interested.

> However, the NYPL catalogue lists publication dates for her books as
> ranging between 1954 and, I believe, 1979, and that probably reflects
> her national prominence as a radio personality, to some extent.

I think we decided to say "The 1960's".  Close enough.  She was still a
member of AFTRA I believe.  And still cooking;  she brought home made
gefilte fish to our family's seder this year, and wow was it ever entirely
different from the stuff we all usually get in jars.  Yum!

> I'd be amazed to find that such info isn't readily available from the
> LA Times, though.

Thing is, my mom is =writing= the obit for the LA Times, possibly even as we
speak.  The Times finally came up with dates, turned out to be the early
'80's, after she had moved west but just before they had started archiving
on computer.  Sigh.  This is =not= a good year for major cookery writers,
Alan Davidson having passed away in March.  I guess that means that WE will
have to start writing, or write MORE books to fill in that void in the
world, right gang?

Philosophically, Selene C.