[Sca-cooks] Re: A Toast to the SCA

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 01:09:32 PDT 2004

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Clink, Clink, another drink to our early days
> in the SCA!
>
> My first event was Feast of Fools 2000.
> Extreme weirdness, even for Caid.
> The Camel Drivers Roller Disco Belly Dancers
> and The Dance of 7,000 Veils.
> Mister Bill Becomes A Seneschal.  That morning
> found me in the kitchen,
> learning to make baklava, surely a sign of my
> SCA career to come.
>
> Selene Colfox

I was at that event.  The theme was "Come as
What You Are Not."  It was amazing how many
virgins showed up ...  Me, I went as a wood
nymph and was completely happy in the company
of Baron Woody and Baron Forrest.  I have a
picture somewhere ...

The name of the troup was "Hildegarde
Schwarzkopf's Camel Drivers Roller Disco Belly
Dancers", which included the Dance of the 70
Veils, [not 7000] which was a comic take off of
the Dance of the 7 Veils.  Mistress Lyndia
padded herself to look pregnant and danced
in 5 inch stiletto heels while chewing gum.
[Three belly dancing no-nos].  Sir Martin, Sir
Robear and Duryn the Red danced as the Brothers
Karamozov.  It was nice to have men belly
dancing for the ladies to ogle at.

Huette [whose 30th SCA Anniversary is in a few
days.]

=====
shall never cease to be amused.