[Sca-cooks] More Pennsic Tips

Wildecelery at aol.com Wildecelery at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 10:16:23 PDT 2004

As a very tiny, borderline hypoglycemic red-head (read, I'm not overly  susceptible to heat, but once I'm cooked, I'm done)  I have found  several invaluable ideas for surviving Pennsic, where I'm constantly in motion.

1. Grapes--small, sweet, portable, generally in season, full of water

2. Banana chips- small, portable, don't spoil, potassium

3. Dried, Honeyed apple slices-portable, sweet, vitamins, honey

4. Small insulated 1qt jugs with straps- unperiod, yes...but mix unfrozen juice concentrate 1st thing in am...add ice throughout the day ...( it's colored water with a hint of flavor by 3pm)

5. Spray sunscreen- much easier than constant rubbing...can be applied over thin clothes, if needed

6. Linnen or cotton gauze "head wraps"- 1-3 yards of a light color, soak with water...wear over head and shoulders...periodically re-wet as it dries

My  input..

-Ardenia