[Sca-cooks] meat tart or pie recipe with prunes in it

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 23:29:29 PDT 2004

Margaret asked:
> OFC: Anybody have any references for a meat tart or ie with prunes in
> it?
 From the meat-pies-msg file in the Florilegium:
> Tartee, Form of Curye 172
>
> Take pork ysode; hewe it and bray it. Do therto ayren, raisouns
> corauns,
> sugur and powdour of gynger, powdour douce, and small briddes
> theramong,
> and white grece. Take prunes, safroun, and salt; and make a crust in a
> trap, and do the fars therin; and bake it wel and serue it forth.
>
> (I've changed the thorns to th and the & to and).
There are further redactions and comments about this recipe in this
file.

Also there are quite a number of hits using the search engine with
"meat" and "prune" and ("pie" or "tart") but I think you would have to
look at each recipe to see if there was meat in the recipe or "meat"
somewhere else in the file.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas