[Sca-cooks] Adventures in redaction...LONG

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Jun 27 06:01:24 PDT 2004

'Lainie wrote:

>That's sort of what I thought. It's just really difficult to chop something
>that is slipping around like a toddler in the bathtub. And I knew if I put
>it in the Cuisinart, it would become mush.
>
>Anyone have any ideas how to cut cooked onions?
>
>'Lainie

Assuming you start with a whole cooked onion, I would carefully slice
it into a few chunks, then reduce the chunks as fine as I wanted them
with a French chef's knife: one hand on the handle, the other on the
back of the knife, rock the knife back and forth over the area
without worrying about which pieces are under the blade at the moment.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook