[Sca-cooks] things they dont explain about Pennsic

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 08:59:36 PDT 2004

After about 24 years of camping at Pennsic, I can also recommend that
you plan on leaving a dry change of clothing (one modern, one period if
possible...but definitely one modern) in your vehicle. DO NOT assume
that because it's packed in plastic in your encampment that it will stay
dry...Murphy's Law is in full force here. It will develop a hole, manage
to come "unzipped" or something...

Also be sure to take first aid stuff...peroxide, Neosporin, bandaids, an
ace bandage or two...and one or more of those wonderful instant ice
packs. Also don't forget bug repellant (personal and for the camp) and
heavy-duty sun screen...and burn ointment.

Be sure you have your membership card or some other proof of membership,
along with a picture ID...and have it out and with you when you approach
the Troll...and, if you've pre-registered, your pre-reg information.

We always work on a packing list long before Pennsic, then check off
each thing as we pack it. That helps keep us from forgetting stuff.

Kiri