[Sca-cooks] available merchandise, was things they dont explain about Pennsic

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 14:10:16 PDT 2004

A strick is, um, a bunch, sort of, of line flax, almost ready to spin.
You  take this flax and dress the distaff, and then you can spin.

Hardly anyone was selling it... I had taken a flax spinning class, and
had thought this was one place I'd be able to get it. Well... there was
more wool roving, and silk caps (silk prepared in the modern way for
spinning, rather than being reeled off the cocoon, as was done,) and
stuff like that, but I didn't need it. It was one of those vendors,
though, and a few more had a couple of them, but sold out early.

Don't remember the name of the cat toy vendor - Devra knows them, she
told me about them. They had all kinds of stuffed creatures (I'm not
sure I would call them all animals...) and other bizarreness. Not even
faintly medieval, but my cat didn't care... One must always bear gifts
to the loved ones one has temporarily abandoned.

AEllin