[Sca-cooks] Kashrut

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 6 22:22:12 PDT 2004

  Zach/Yehoshua answered:
> Yes she is, we met founding the group here. We are getting married
> August 1, (Erev Tu'b Av) and taking our honeymoon at Pennsic.
Congratulations!

I doubt that most of the suggestions in this file would make good
wedding gifts, and some might not be practical for Pennsic since you
will be flying in, but if folks ask if there is something they can get
you for Pennsic perhaps this file might give them some ideas.
Pennsic-gifts-msg  (8K)  9/10/99    Some gift ideas for those going to
Pennsic.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PENNSIC/Pennsic-gifts-msg.html

Stefan
PS: There was an SCA Pennsic honeymoon story which happened several
years ago, which still often brings tears to my eyes when I relate it.
Briefly, a couple had gotten married and were heading to Pennsic for
their honeymoon. Along the way, some passing motorist tossed a burning
cigarette which landed in their trailer, which was soon ablaze. Most of
their stuff was lost, but they decided to go on to Pennsic anyway. Word
got out and through out the War strangers would show up at their camp
with comments like "I have this extra cooking pot which I don't need.
Why don't you take it", "Here's some money to help replace some of your
stuff you lost", "I think this outfit will fit you. Why don't you take
it?". They ended up leaving Pennsic with more stuff than they set out
for Pennsic with.

Just thought I'd highlight one story on the opposite end of the ones
about the thieves at Pennsic, which unfortunately, do  happen. The
honeymoon story was published in the Pennsic newsletter and I also
talked to one of the couple involved.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas