[Sca-cooks] other things they dont explain about Pennsic

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 13:02:33 PDT 2004

--- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> >--- kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

> > > It does
> > > evidently remain a state law that 'thou
> shalt
> > > not have things hanging from
> > > the rear view mirror' (must be terrible for
> the
> > > air freshener industry ;)
> > > Christianna
> >
> >I am truly surprised by this.  Then where does
> >one hang one's handicapped parking permit?  I
> >am surprised that the very vocal handicapped
> >[or should I say "mobility challenged"]
> community
> >hasn't protested this vigorously.
> >
> >Huette
> >
> Reading directly from my hang tag,
> unfortunately at the top of the hangy
> part....
> "IMPORTANT:  Please remove before driving
> vehicle"

True, so does my mothers, but Christianna said
"It does evidently remain a state law that 'thou
shalt not have things hanging from the rear view
mirror' (must be terrible for the air freshener
industry ;)"

She did not say "while driving".  She said
'thou shalt not have things hanging from the rear
view mirror'.  This says to me "ever", not
"while driving".  This is why I commented.
So I take it that Pennsylvania _does_ allow
handicapped placards, but only while parked in
a handicapped parking spot.  And if they do
allow handicapped placards while parking then
this invalidates Christianna's statement.

Huette the nitpicker.

=====
shall never cease to be amused.