[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 08:09:56 PDT 2004

>  Kirsten Houseknecht commented:
>>  Pennsic is the only place i have seen these items in person, not mail
>>order...
>>(that is , ME..... i dont say its the only place YOU can find them)
>>
>>Indigo and certain other natural dyes

>I'm not sure that indigo is period, although it may be late period. But
>this is also the only place I've seen real *woad* for sale. The same vender
>carries oak galls imported from England for making ink.
>Stefan

I have purchased some really nice parchement hides at Pennsic.  Lovely
gifts.  And not nearly as expensive at I imagined they would be.  Oh.  I
have also purchased gold leaf foil there and plan to get some of the silver
leaf this year as well.
Let's see.. I beleive it is 59 days and counting, correct??
Olwen