[Sca-cooks] Sing-thing?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 04:48:43 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/9/2004 10:55:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

<<Well, I guess there are always things going on at Pennsic which I've
never heard of.
What is this "Sing-Thing"?>>

A bardic circle hosted by Aed of Avigdor at Club Aed.  It happens on both
Wednesdays and the middle Saturday of war and everyone is welcome.  Aed has a
huge square pavilion (if you've looked out on the Serenghetti and seen two
pavilion roofs that look like the pyramids of Giza - one very large and one right up
against it smaller, that's Club Aed.) and lots of benches and stuff.  There
are usually a handful of regular and/or invited bards across the front and then
the audience facing them.  Turns rotate through the people in front and then
through the audience.  They are very welcoming to new folks or those who are a
bit shy; some of my shire mates have only found out that I sing a bit when
they've gone with me to Sing Thing.  Material ranges from very period to totally
non-period but very funny filks, but no rude and crude stuff allowed.

Brangwayna