[Sca-cooks] More on potatoes and chilies

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jun 10 06:46:52 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Phlip,
>
> Do you know who Paul intends to get to publish his book?  Hopefully not
> Kegan Paul again!  I got lucky with Soup for the Qan, but I don't think
that
> will happen twice.
>
> Regina

Definitely not Kegan Paul- he still hasn't gotten paid for "Soup", last I
heard, and his comment on their pricing was that he couldn't have afforded
to buy himself a copy :-O His last publisher was Scarecrow Press, for
"Historical Dictionary of the Mongol World Empire"
(
http://www.scarecrowpress.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=^DB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0810845717 )
which was somewhat better as far as pricing went, but they've still got it
in their heads that Paul's stuff is "textbook" writing, rather than intended
for a more popular, hobbyist- type of market. Not sure who will be
publishing it this time- I'll fwd this to him and ask.

FWIW, he and I have been discussing putting together a less expensive
edition of "Soup", probably somewhat siumilar to the paperback edition of
Milham's Platina, but he's been extremely busy, and finding the time is
difficult.
Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.