[Sca-cooks] Sewing was Things to BUY at Pennsic

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jun 11 07:18:22 PDT 2004

> I'm a foodie person and a "winter soldier" in that I help set up and clean
> up.  I don't bring two or three sets of clothes for a day event like some
> folks.  I do all the work in what I have on.  My 9th century persona was
> pretty much the same.  Yup, my tunics and short tunic dresses are generic
> junk, OTOH, they dirty up pretty well and I don't care if they get ripped
> or stained.

*grin* I understand. I bring 2 dresses in case I spill something icky down
my front at a day event-- and if I have to appear in court for something
important, I try to bring something nice or at least an apron. But I can
turn out a t-tunic in an hour, if I'm in a hurry. I just can't sew
anything complicated or that requires fitting. My best hemp/cotton tunic
is still waiting to have the neckline oversewn and I still have a lovely
winter wool dress that I haven't finished making the lacing holes on. A
friend 'helped me make it' last fall...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Hero not the handsome actor who plays a hero's role. Hero not the glamour
girl who'd love to sell her soul." - Rush, Nobody's Hero