[Sca-cooks]Was poppyseeds? now "The Shadow"

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jun 17 05:54:10 PDT 2004

> >The very first shot in the mostly-ill-conceived and entirely ill-fated
> >movie "The Shadow" is one of an unnamed person collecting opium from
> >poppies using a gizmo a little like a nutmeg grater. Whether this is
> >accurate or not, I don't know. (For those lucky ones who haven't seen
> >it, this movie is a great deal like the 1989 Batman movie, with an
> >excellent opening five minutes, and downhill fast the rest of the way.

Actually, I rather liked it, which I can't say about any of the other
superhero movies of the last 20 years. :) But then, everyone knows that I
am fond of kitsch in large enough helpings. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Fairy tales are not true--fairy tales are important, and they are not
true, they are more than true. Not because they tell us that dragons
exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated."
-- G.K. Chesterton