[Sca-cooks] Digby's Small Cakes

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 19:13:32 PDT 2004

>> Tirloch reads
>>
>>> The Cakes should be about the bigness of a hand breadth and thin; of
>>> the cise of the Sugar Cakes sold at Barnet.
>>
>> as
>>
>>> "handsbreath thickness"
>>
>> while I read it as the width of a hand, but thinner. (And presumably
>> lumpy with currants... *G*)
>
> Approximately 4" rounds, maybe 1/4" thick. If rolled out, maybe the
> currants would be somewhat flattened.

I have eaten many of Master Tirloch's cakes, and they are about the 1/4"
thick that you recommend, Master A.

<more snippage>

>> I think I'm going to get rather different results. I don't know yet
>> if they'll be *good* results... but different...
>

> Well, Digby probably thought they were good.

My suggestion is that, if you have questions, contact Tirloch directly.
I know him quite well and believe he would not only be delighted that
you're using his recipe, but to answer any questions you might
have...tirloch at ravenstreet.org.

Kiri

--
Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.