[Sca-cooks] Saffron in Ireland

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 06:55:07 PDT 2004

Maeve,

Do you have a Cost Plus Imports out there, or are they a west coast thing?  If you do, they usually have saffron at a reasonable price, but you may have to keep check back for it as they do sell out.

Samrah

Cathy Harding <charding at nwlink.com> wrote:

>> the Medieval period, "Indian saffron" was tumeric.

I recently had the experience of buying what I thought was saffron
(Labeled American saffron), on close examination was safflower. I
returned it and gave a detailed explanation of why that it was a
misleading label and showed the real thing. At least I was able to find
it in Central PA. it took some searching tho'

Maeve