[Sca-cooks] long pepper?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 22:40:01 PDT 2004

Cailte asked:
> tell me more or where i can find more about long pepper?  and does it
> fit into 12th/13th cent euro food?   (christ-mass in the time of the
> troubadours)
If you will go to the Florilegium and use the search engine on the top
page of the site, looking for the exact phrase "long pepper" you will
find quite a number of referances to recipes which use this. Many are
from SCA feast menus in which is was used. I don't have a special file
for info on the black peppers. The peppers-msg file is for the New
World peppers. But you should find some commentary on long pepper in
the spices-msg file.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas