[Sca-cooks] Le Viandier Spice uestion

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 3 20:34:09 PST 2004

  Thorvald comented:
> >  So what is Picon? Is this referring to the Picon edition of Le
> > Menagier? Isthere a Picon edition of Taillevent? Or a Picon
> > article published elsewhere?
>
> "Pichon":  there's clearly a typo in the Florilegium, is the 1893
> French transcription of several of the MSs.  Here's the citation.
Thank you. However, assuming this was in the spices-mixes-msg file, I
went looking there and could find "Pichon" but not "Picon", to correct.
I will add your message and clarification to this file. I am however,
unfortunately, seeing a number of dropped characters from this list.
Luckily they are usually easy to guess. I think this may be because of
my switching to a  high speed connection from dial up. Perhaps this is
the cause of this problem here.

> Taillevent.  Le Viandier.  Published as L Viandier de Guillaume
> Tirel dit Taillevent edited by J. Pichon and G. Vicaire 1892.  Second
> edition 1893.  Third edition edited by S. Martinet.  Slatkine
> Reprints.  Geneva.  1967.

At one time the SCA-Librarians mail list had taken on the project of
filling out the various partial biblographic references that can be
found in the Florilegium, but alas nothing ever happened of that
project.

Stefan
(Who is trying to rewrite my Florilegium programs and has found out
that most of the Python libraries I was using to access the Mac OS are
now defunct and someone gave a might shake of the Mac OS and really
complicated the replacement routines. And didn't leave me any examples.
Anybody used Python to handle files under Mac OS X? :-) )
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com