[Sca-cooks] new book review-- _Feast_

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Mar 17 05:48:04 PST 2004

Ok, I found this book reviewed in _Choice_. Has anyone read it yet?

I'm snipping parts of the review...

 Strong, Roy.  Feast: a history of grand eating.  Harcourt Brace &
Company, 2003 (c2002). 349p bibl index ISBN 0-15-100758-6, $35.00 .
... major European feasts throughout the ages... manners...
royal public dining (especially in France) . . .Food is not discussed in
detail, but changes in eating and serving utensils are traced over time.

?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It is no use telling me that there are bad aunts and good aunts.
At the  core, they are all alike. Sooner or later, out pops the
cloven hoof." -- P.G. Wodehouse, _The Code of the Woosters_