[Sca-cooks] Shrimp mold was Mairi Ceilidh

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:22:53 PST 2004

Maire, to make a shrimp mold simply take a couple different size shrimp and
freeze them hard, then press (past the half-way point) into a block of
Sculpy then press the other side (past the half-way point) into another
block of Sculpy.  I have found when making my molds that if I leave the item
in the mold crevase then mark with a line or a divit that I match the two
sides up when I put the marzipan in the mold.  Since shrimp are fairly thin
I push them in past the half-way point to give them a little fatter, thus
stronger, body.  Oh, and make sure to press their little legs into the
Sculpy too, or at least I do.  You don't have to colour the marzipan because
it is the right colour, just take a paintbrush and liberally brush a good
coating of saunder into the mold.  Easy as pie!

Cariad a heddwch (love and peace)

THLady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar