[Sca-cooks] Period Seaweed Recipes?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 7 00:06:29 PST 2004

Anahita asked:
 > So now i'm curious. Does anyone know of SCA period recipes using
 > seaweed? I'm thinking of seaweed primarily as a "vegetable", but
 > recipes using agar to make something gel or other uses of seaweed
 > would also be interesting.
I believe these two files in the FOOD-BY-REGION section do discuss
these cultures using seaweed and both were likely places it would be
used. However, both are also cultures that we don't have period recipes
from.
fd-Iceland-msg    (84K)  1/15/03    Food of medieval Iceland. Recipes.
fd-Wales-msg      (28K) 12/ 6/99    Food of medieval Wales. Recipes.

While you are there you might also feed "seaweed" into the search
engine. Some of the other references might be of interest. Most of them
do seem to be food related.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas