[Sca-cooks] size of medieval figs

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Mar 9 09:31:36 PST 2004

> How big were medieval figs? Even if it is two total, one under each
> side of his tongue rather than two under each size of his tongue, that
> still seems like a huge amount. I thought figs were the size of large
> pecans or slightly skinny walnuts.

They are. I can't figure it out either. :) Maybe dried figs, which are
smaller-- but still. When I did this, I made them the circumfrence of a
dime.

> It doesn't say how long to leave them there. Maybe because these pills
> gradually dissolve?

If you kept them there long enough I guess they would. When I tried it,
they didn't.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It is no use telling me that there are bad aunts and good aunts.
At the  core, they are all alike. Sooner or later, out pops the
cloven hoof." -- P.G. Wodehouse, _The Code of the Woosters_