[Sca-cooks] Unemployment, Dogs, Glucosamine, was: Bohemian peas

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 9 10:12:04 PST 2004

kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

>Get your doggie on some sort of glucosamine supplement (we use a Beef Jerky
>with Glucosamine, MSM, and Sea Cucumber that I buy at the health food
>store).  It works like magic to keep old dogs (and people - although I don't
>filch the dog's treats) moving, even running, jumping, etc.

Already on it.  Vet prescribes GF-600, a glucosamine/condroitin
preparation based on green-lipped mussels.  Gee whiz, those are
available in my fishmarket for US$2.49 this week... but she would
probably just play with the shells, where the actual compounds are
located.  <G>  I'm ordering some Cosimin-D for myself, which is more or
less the same stuff but not liver-flavored. <GG>

>Sorry about the unemployment situation.  Now that I've finally settled with
>the insurance company over my back injury, I am officially unemployed (I've
>been out of work for over 2 years, but I was on insurance disability until
>just recently).  Trying to figure out what to do for a living now.  Too bad
>there aren't any jobs out there for freelance medieval food teachers :)
>Christianna

Good, come help me this weekend.  I got talked into doing a class on
"Heraldry and Food" for Collegium Caidis  in which I will probably hand
out a picture sheet of food-oriented charges -- farming & cooking
utensils, food animals and plants -- and then lapse into cake decorating
with as-period-as-possible food colors.  Black sesame seeds, flower
petals, etc.  We need to start baking tonight or tomorrow!  OK, well
it's probably a killer commute for you but oh well, at least it's nice
to be asked. <GGG>

Selene